VERNON, CT – Vernon’s decorated police officer John DiVenere officially retired from the force last week after two decades on the job.
Here are the highlights of his career.
- John was hired by Vernon PD on 7/23/01. Retired on 01/10/21.
- John served in the Connecticut Army National Guard as a Military Police Officer from 7/21/1996 to 1/31/2002.
- John was assigned to the East Central Narcotics Task Force from January 2002 to April 2005.
- In April 2005, John was assigned to the Detective Division.
- He was appointed hostage / crisis negotiator for the regional CREST team in 2017.
- He was also part of the honor guard of the VPD.
During his career, DiVenere has received several accolades, including:
Find out what’s happening in Vernon with free real-time Patch updates.
- VPD Officer of the Year 2008
- 2 Distinguished service
- 3 Distinguished Service Unit Quotes
- 5 Meritorious service
- 3 Meritorious Service Unity Citations
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving Award 2003, 2004
- Attorney’s Officer of the Year, 2009, 2010, 2014
- Many letters of congratulations
DiVenere has accepted a position as an inspector for the Connecticut State Criminal Justice Division and will be assigned to Rockville Superior Court effective October 8.
To request that your name be removed from an arrest report, submit these required elements To [email protected]
The response rules:
- Be respectful. It is a space for friendly local exchanges. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name and save your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on topic.
- Review it Community patch guidelines.