The Tinsel Trail named this year’s winners for the best decorations among the 190 trees now on display at Government Plaza.
And the winners are:
• Best Anchor Tree: College Oral and Facial Surgery
• Holly Jolly Award (the most inspired of the holidays): The Tuscaloosa Arch
• Signature theme (best represents the sponsor’s company): Peco Foods
• Cindy Lou Who Award (children’s favorite): Premier Service Co.
• Conference on the Trail: United Way of West Alabama
• Shining Star (Best night show): National Welding Academy
• Angel Tree (exceptional commemorative tree): Hamner Real Estate
• Crafty Elves (Best Handmade Decor): UA Adapted Athletics
• Merry and Bright Award (Footpath): National Welding Academy
• Designer tree: Water blue vinyl and gifts
• Holiday Heart (Best Non-Profit Organization): The Families of Eagles ‘Wings, decorated by individuals and Eagles’ Wings staff
• T-town’s favorite: The Eagle Wing Families, decorated by individuals and the staff of Eagles’ Wings
The Tinsel Trail is a fundraiser for Tuscaloosa’s One Place, a non-profit agency that offers a variety of services to families.
Businesses, civic and community groups sponsor and decorate the trees, with sponsorship proceeds benefiting One Place in Tuscaloosa.
The Tinsel Trail is free and people can walk it day or night. The tree exhibit opened on November 22 and will run through January 2 at Government Plaza, 2106 Sixth St.
Launched in 2013, a Tuscaloosa’s One Place board member brought the idea for the Tinsel Trail to Tuscaloosa from Huntsville. The Downtown 47 Tinsel Trail in Huntsville had over 200 trees in its third year.
For more information, visit www.ttowntinsel.com.